Normally I’m not much for resolutions. I feel like a lot of resolutions, like diet and exercise, just set us up for failure. That being said, there’s nothing wrong with some good old-fashioned goals. As a gamer, a lot of my goals have to do with gaming. I’d like to share some of these goals with you here to hopefully keep myself on track for 2013.
1. First and foremost, I want to post here at EGG once a week. This will mark my first post of the new year, so we’ll see if I can keep it up. If there are any games you’d like to see me review or topics that you’d like me to tackle here, drop a comment on this article and I will see what I can do.
2. Recently, I made a spreadsheet of all the games I own (you can view it here: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxaOoDuFG9h4djgtVDl4WWJyTEE). The number, which is over 600, is staggering, and I need to make some headway on beating some of the games I own! While I’m not comfortable with putting a number on this goal, I’m going to try and chip away at the absolutely huge backlog I have.
3. Another goal I have is to continue the Final Fantasy project I started on this website a while ago (read the original post here: http://epicgamergirl.com/2012/adventures-in-gaming-final-fantasy/). I hit a bit of a wall with Final Fantasy II since it just wasn’t holding my interest, so now I’ve abandoned the in order philosophy and am just playing the titles I want when I want. Final Fantasy X-2 is on my now playing list at the moment. I’m about halfway through and I should finish fairly soon.
4. As far as achievements go, this year I would finally like to get all the achievements I’m missing for the Mass Effect and Dragon Age series. Honestly, this will be a pretty tall order, but even if I make some progress towards this goal, I’d be pretty happy. I’m working on some Mass Effect achievements right now.
5. Part of my gaming obsession extends to books. I have all the Mass Effect and Dragon Age novels, but I have never read any of them. I’d like to do that this year, which will also work nicely with my goal to read 60 books in 2013 as well.
I think that’s probably enough, don’t you? It’s a lot to get through, but I think I can do it all.
What are your gaming resolutions for 2013?